Mental Health First Aid helps you:
- Raise awareness and encourages understanding of ways which one’s cultural background can impact the discrimination associated with mental illness
- Reach out to those who suffer in silence, reluctant to seek help
- Break down the stigma associated with common mental health challenges like anxiety, depression, PTSD, schizophrenia, bipolar disorder and substance use disorders
- Provide information on self-help strategies and campus and community resources
- Make mental health care and treatment accessible to thousands in need
The program is listed in SAMHSA’s National Registry of Evidenced Based Programs and Practices. Mental Health First Aid is a free, high-impact program that generates tremendous community awareness and support in San Diego County. This is possible through a grant Mental Health America of San Diego County received from the County of San Diego’s Health & Human Services Behavioral Health Services. Our trainings are FREE only within the central, north, south, east, rural and coastal regions of San Diego County. Participants who complete the course are certified for 3 years.